In a modern plant, a multiplicity of different types of communication systems is encountered e.g. Intercom System, EPABX System, Public Address System, Security System, Radio Communications, Radio Paging, Data communication networks, Fire alarm system etc.
Often such systems are deployed in stand-alone manner and can not be integrated, which leads to:
• Sub optimal usage (limited use)
• Increased hardware & maintenance
• Multiple user instrument at a common location
• Inflexibility for expansion
• Inflexibility to cope with changing configuration, needs and industrial dynamics